With sweeping views of Jamison Valley, Lincoln’s Rock is located south of Wentworth Falls on the Kings Tableland plateau, part of Blue Mountains National Park. The official address of Lincoln’s Rock is 51 Little Switzerland Drive, Wentworth Falls.
Wentworth Falls is approximately 100kms west of Sydney CBD. It usually takes 90-minutes by car to travel to Lincoln’s Rock from Sydney.
If it is just you, your partner, and perhaps another witness, you can get away without a special National Parks permit.
Any time from early April through to early October is ideal for a Blue Mountains elopement adventure. However, it can get quite cold between late May and early August but to make up for the wind chill, sunset is extra beautiful.
Get hitched in the late afternoon and finish off with some unforgettable photo and video moments into sunset, then spend the night as spouse and spouse.
Elopement Destination: Lincoln’s Rock
Kings Tableland is part of the traditional land of the Gundungurra Aboriginal People. Lincoln’s Rock is unique because it is an unfenced cliff which offers unrestricted views of Jamison Valley. And with the sun setting towards the west, Lincoln’s Rock is a place where you feel connected with the earth.
There’s no place like this to have an intimate elopement, do some casual hiking, fill your lungs with fresh air, and become newlyweds in your own private setting.
The map below indicates where Lincoln’s Rock is. This doesn’t mean that you must choose this particular spot as sometimes, the best locations are found along paths less traveled by. And if you are someone who prefers privacy instead of being out in the open, we can suggest suitable nearby locations for you to feel 100% comfortable.
Suggested Timeline To Get The Most Out Of Your Day
It’s your special day so you have final say on how you wish to spend it. However, seeing as we are the experienced professionals, here are some recommendations for your consideration:
- Hire a nearby AirBnB in the Blue Mountains area the night before. There are plenty of federation-style and modern homes to choose from. We suggest booking one with amazing natural light to get the most out of any ‘getting ready’ style of memories you may want. We are happy to provide accommodation recommendations upon request.
- Wake up and go for a early walk together. Cook breakfast. Or go out for coffee and breakfast. We have a list of must-visit local cafes, bakeries and restaurants.
- Enjoy a relaxed morning.
- Start getting ready after lunch time.
- Arrive at Lincoln’s Rock and meet up with your celebrant.
- Get hitched at your own pace.
- Spend the remaining daylight hours making beautiful memories together.
- Watch the sun set together.
- Return to your AirBnB and enjoy dinner cooked by your very own private chef. Alternatively, Leura Garage is an award winning resturant that you shouldn’t miss.
- What happens after that, is entirely up to you.
Best Coffee Nearby
Australians love their coffee but with milk. Flat whites are our national favourite (although they’re quite similar to lattes). These are the best coffee shops in the Blue Mountains (some also serve delicious food):
- Cassiopeia, Springwood
- Red Door Cafe, Leura
- Blue Mist Cafe, Wentworth Falls
- Cassiopeia, Katoomba
- Rust And Timber, Lawson
- Anonymous Cafe, Blackheath